Wednesday, May 2, 2012

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

GREAT NEWS! We're IN!!! We recieved a phone call last week asking us for our registration fee. Well, I (Jessica Vinson) wasn't going to pay the fee if we were still on the wait list. It took some convincing to tell me that we were actually in! It was perfect timing because the next morning was the Louisiana Tech AvFest Alumni talk at Davison, so I was able to stand up and announce our good news to the students, alumni and families. We got a GREAT reaction, even some applause! After taking a few emails down and making some hopeful sponsorship contacts, it set in how much WORK we have to do!! Time to raise $7000 in about 40 days, YIKES!

In GREAT news, I go to pick up N182PW next Saturday in my hometown of Abilene! The plane is a 1979 Cessna 182Q, 230 HP (woo hoo High Performance!) This will be my new project/baby. I'm so so excited to have it to build time in it and explore the great US this summer! Get ready friends, I'm coming to your town! I say lets all go flying! Dinner in Biloxi anyone? Ok I'm getting excited, all my gas money is going to the Air Race for now!

Speaking of, WE NEED SPONSORS! PLEASE, if you know anyone who would like to advertise on our website or sponsor us, let me know! I have a great sponsorship package set up and I'm devising a plan for a thank you gift! Every little bit counts!

Flight Instructing is going great, we've been blessed with outstanding weather and I have the GREATEST Students! I feel like a proud mama, they're all the best, most smartest, most wonderful students in the world. I actually conducted my first solo this past week, Mr. Kyle Williams. They say when you know they're ready to solo, you'll just know. This is TOTALLY true! He's a sponge, just absorbs everything! My other students are doing great as well, 2 close to solo, 1 close to Instrument stage check, and 2 checkride ready! I LOVE my job, I'm still amazed that I get paid to do what I do! I'm also upgrading to a Stage Check Instructor, which means I will conduct progress reviews of Tech Students. This means I'm having to rearrange my schedule alot (thanks for being so flexible, guys!) but it is so exciting to get to further my job more!

Time to finally head to bed, and maybe eat. Did I mention I don't eat or sleep anymore?

Thanks for your support!
Jessica Vinson

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you two! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion: When it comes down to race day, If you're allowed and have time, add a map to this site or link your flight aware flight following etc. :) That would be really great to follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you make it to Denver, I'll host you. You won't need a hotel. I live about 30 minutes away from either KDEN or KAPA. We have several alumni in the area as well. :)

    ReplyDelete